Winter Vegetable bake in cheese sauce
By K.huète du blog La Cahuète is back !!!
- 30g flour
- 30g butter
- ¼ litre of semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp thick double cream
- 100g of cheese
- any cheese works
- it's up to you: grated cheese
- goat cheese...
- depending on the season and what you like. Here
- I have used frozen carrots
- cauliflower and broccoli. For the quantity it depends on the number of guests and the size of your dish.
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. In a saucepan,place the frozen vegetables with a pinch of coarse salt, then cover completely with boiling water (this keeps the vegetables soft on the outside and crunchy on the inside).
Leave the vegetables in the hot water during the preparation of the cheese sauce: Place the butter and flour in a saucepan over low heat, stir until you get a roux. Then gradually add the milk, then cream and cheese. Mix with a whisk, until a creamy sauce is obtained.
Drain the vegetables, put them in a baking dish (if you wish, you can add cooked chicken pieces or strips of ham or green olives), cover with the cheese sauce. Bake 15-20 minutes at 210 ° C.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (235 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Cheese sauce 3.2/5 (164 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)