family varition on a Basque classic
- 2 large salmon fillets (chopped into cubes)
- 4 potatoes (washed peeled and cut into small pieces)
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbl spoons of tomato puree
- drop of sherry
- pepper and sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Chop the onion, leek, garlic and carrot.
Fry them in a saucepan until they are soft. But not brown.
Add a splash of Sherry and remove from the heat for 4 mins (or until the Sherry evaporates)
Add the tomato puree, salt, pepper, sugar and potatoes.
cook for 2-3 mins more. before covering with cold water.
let it simmer away until the potato is cooked through. Stirring occasionally.
turn off the heat and add the salmon pieces. The heat of the pot will cook the salmon.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (147 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (154 Votes)
- Green lipped oysters & shallot... 3.4/5 (154 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.