Squash and sweet potato soup
A warming dish for lunch or supper
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- chicken stock
- dessertspoon of mild curry powder or moroccan spices
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Peel vegetables, remove seed from squash, chop squash and sweet potatoes into chunks and chop onion.
Put in a pan with chicken stock and spices, bring to the boil and simmer until soft.
Use a blender or liquidiser to puree the vegetables.
Serve with chunky bread.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)