Mussels a la brasucade (in mustard and white wine sauce)
- - 8 kgs of mussels
- fairly large
- - 6 kgs of onions
- - 500 gr of of Dijon mustard
- - 4 cloves of garlic
- - 2 litres of regular white wine
- - Salt and pepper
- - 1 glass of olive oil
- - A bunch of thyme
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Clean the mussels: remove the barnacles and scrape them.
Peel the onions and chop into small cubes.
Crush the garlic.
Cook the mussels in a large pot of boiling water, until they are all open (about 5 mins).
Mix all the ingredients for the brasucade together in a pan. Stir on medium heat until the juice has thickened.
Serve hot, poured over the hot, cooked mussels.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Pork with Caramelised Apple and... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Meatballs and Mustard Mash 3.8/5 (111 Votes)
- Salmon en croute with pesto and... 3.2/5 (163 Votes)
- Shellfish on a bed of leeks 4.7/5 (30 Votes)