By Catherine B
A great classic of French cuisine.
- 1L of dried white beans
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion pierced with 3 cloves
- 200g finely diced onion
- 2 herb bunches
- 5 garlic gloves
- 1 gooses lard
- 6 large tomatoes
- 300g bacon
- 200g bacon rind
- 750g porc belly
- 800g rack of lamb
- 400g Toulous sausage
- 1/2 garlic sausage
- 2 duck confit pieces
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Average budget
Soak the white beans for 6 hours in cold water.
In a large pan, cook the lards, the rind, carrot, onion, garlic, herbs and the beans. Cook on a low heat for an hour.
Remove the cooked meat and the vegetables, slice up the sausage, cut the meat and the pork rind.
Add the rind, the meat, the leftover juice and the sausages. Add the beans, then meats again. Repeat once more.
Remove the grease from the confit, and add a spoon of the goose fat.
Put in the oven for 2H at 170°C.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Salmon en croute with pesto and... 3.2/5 (163 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.