By Ecole de la Gare de Soissons, France
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 135mins
Cost Average budget
Sort, wash and dry the beans, then soak for 12 hours. Drain and put in a pot with 3 litres of cold water and the pork belly. Heat gently until boiling. Skim, boil for 5 minutes and drain.
Cook the beans again in 2 litres of cold water, adding 8 g of salt, the pork belly, carrots, onions pricked with cloves and a bouquet garni.
Poach the sausage halfway through the cooking of the beans.
Add the crushed garlic cloves, duck fat, tomato paste. Season. Simmer very gently so that the beans remain intact (not mashed).
When the beans are cooked, remove the meat and the aromatics (carrots, onions, bouquet garni). Slice the pork belly, the duck legs, the sausage into thick slices and slice the bacon.
Line a terrine oven dish with a layer of beans, cover with the slices of pork, chunks of duck confit and sausage slices and the slices of thick bacon. Cover with a layer of beans. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and drizzle with melted duck fat. Cover.
Bake at low heat (140/160 ° C) for 1 to 2 hours. Remove the lid 15 minutes before serving to form a crust. Serve very hot.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Pork with Caramelised Apple and... 3.5/5 (161 Votes)
- Black bean brownies 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.