Roast Pork with Orange
By Meunier Jérôme
- 1.8 kg roast pork
- 25g butter
- 2.5 cl Oil
- 60g flour
- Aromatic garnish:
- Carrot 100g
- Onion 100g
- 1 Bouquet garni
- 50g shallots
- Orange Sauce:
- 4 Oranges
- 5 cl orange juice
- Cinnamon 10g
- Orange liqueur 15 cl
- 1 l water
- Cayenne pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Set up your workstation.
Peel the carrots, onions and shallots. Peel the zest from the oranges and cut into thin strips.
Boil the water with the zest, orange juice and cinnamon.
Place butter and oil in a deep casserole pan. As soon as the butter starts to brown, add the roast. Add the vegetables and bouquet garni and the flour.
Add the juice prepared previously, without the zests. Add the liqueur and orange segments. Cook for 1 and a half hours on medium heat, adding water if necessary and check the seasoning before serving.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Pork with Caramelised Apple and... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.