Pork roast in red wine sauce
- 800 gr of roast pork
- 2 onions medium
- 3 carrots
- 2 clove of garlic
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1/2 bottle of red wine
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 50g butter
- salt / pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 75mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brown the meat in half the butter, turning on all sides. Remove from the pan and in the remaining butter fry the sliced carrots, onion and crushed garlic. Salt and pepper and add the vinegar and red wine. Add the bouquet garni.
Return the meat to the casserole. Cover and cook over medium heat for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove the pork roast and bind the sauce with cornstarch.
Serve the roast sliced with sauce, with small boiled potatoes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.