Suzie’s Emergency Soup:
- One onion
- Three carrots
- peeled and diced
- Two sticks of celery
- Two large cans of chopped tomatoes
- Vegetable stock powder – 1-2 dessert spoons
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Fry the onions in oil until golden. Add the chopped vegetables and fry over for flavour.
Add the tins of chopped tomatoes, then boiling water to cover veg and tomatoes. Add stock.
Sprinkle over a little mixed herbs and a few grinds of pepper (but more if Matt is coming for dinner!). Approx 1 dessert spoon sugar to taste.
Simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots are soft. Puree with a hand blender. Can be frozen.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Soya cream of peppers soup 4/5 (115 Votes)
- Lentil soup (Fakes) 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Kitchouri 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.