Mum's Vegetable Soup
- 6 stock cubes
- 5 carrots
- small turnip
- 1 large leek
- 4 onions
- 3 potatoes
- small piece of shin beef (hough)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Dissolve stock cubes in boiling water.
Grate half the vegetables (not leek).
Chop half the vegetables (not leek).
Slice and dice leek.
Cook at medium heat.
Cut up meat into small pieces.
Bring to the boil.
Simmer for 1 hr.
Chop parsley for serving.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Carrot and Chestnut Soup 3.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Quick Carrot & Coriander Soup 3.5/5 (121 Votes)
- Potato and leek soup with spring... 3.9/5 (76 Votes)