Cream of pumpkin soup with shellfish
By Chef Damien
- For the soup:
- 100g onion
- 50g butter
- 500g pumpkin
- 300g pumpkin
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 2 oranges
- Espelette pepper
- 1 pinch Curry
- For the shellfish mousse:
- 300g of cockles
- 300g of mussels
- 50ml of white wine
- 20g butter
- 2 sheets of gelatin
- 3 sprigs parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 50ml whipping cream
- 1 pinch of dried seaweed and a pinch of chilli pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
For the pumpkin cream:
- Sweat the onions in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and diced squash. Sweat for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Add the zest of a quarter of an orange and orange juice.
- Cook 20 minutes over low heat.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Season and add the spices. Bake 20 minutes.
- Blend and pour through a conical strainer.
For the shellfish mousse:
- Put in a saucepan the washed shells, white wine, chopped parsley, a pinch of algae and butter.
- Cook over high heat with a lid until the shells open. Remove from the heat to stop the cooking.
- Get the juices. Pour through a conical strainer and add the soaked gelatine sheets, lemon juice and cream. Adjust seasoning, adding a pinch of Espelette pepper. Put into a cream whipper and add two gas cartridges. Reserve in a water bath.
- Shell the shellfish and set aside for the pumpkin cream.
Place the shells in the bottom of soup plates. Pour the hot soup on the shellfish and add the mousse on the soup. Sprinkle with Espelette pepper.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Scary Halloween jelly 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Halloween pumpkin cake 3.5/5 (121 Votes)
- Halloween Macarons! 3.5/5 (116 Votes)
- Shellfish on a bed of leeks 4.6/5 (31 Votes)