Celery and Stilton Soup, with Stilton Toast
- 7g butter
- Olive oil
- Head of celery (trimmed and chopped)
- ½ an onion (peeled and chopped)
- 50g stilton (crumbled)
- 400ml hot stock (vegetable/chicken)
- Salt and pepper
- 30g stilton (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon crème fraiche
- Slice of bread (crusts removed)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat butter and oil in a pan. Add celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring.
Pour in enough stock to cover. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
Cool slightly. Puree in blender whilst adding stilton. Return to pan and heat.
Toast bread. Mix stilton, crème fraiche, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spread stilton mix onto toast and grill.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Special fried egg 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Soya cream of peppers soup 4/5 (115 Votes)
- French Toast Bake 3.4/5 (98 Votes)
- Italian bruschetta 3.3/5 (103 Votes)
- Stilton and Mushroom toasts 3.8/5 (27 Votes)
- Cheese toast 4/5 (10 Votes)