Spicy prawn soup with lemongrass (Tom Yam Kung)
By Babali du blog Couleur Kémia
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 250g peeled prawns
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 leaves of bergamot
- 3 slices of galangal
- ¼ cup fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- chopped 2 3 cm approx.
- 2 green onions
- 5 Thai green chilies to taste (depending on your taste)
- 1/2 cup straw mushrooms
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili paste grilled
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Slice finely the green onion.
Crush the garlic
Bring the bouillon to almost boiling point. Add the garlic, bergamot leaves, galangal, fish sauce and onions, then the mushrooms and the hot peppers.
Simmer for a few minutes. Add the prawns and boi. Leave to cook for a few minutes. When cooked, add the lemon juice and chilli paste to the pot.
Pour the soup into a bowl, stir and garnish with fresh coriander.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.5/5 (174 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (153 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Lobsters in foil 4.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Potato and leek soup with spring... 3.9/5 (72 Votes)
- Thai Green Chicken Curry (Gaeng... 4.1/5 (32 Votes)