Prawn soup with coconut milk
By Pascale Weeks du blog C'est moi qui l'ai fait !
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Pour the chicken stock and coconut milk in a saucepan. Remove the ends of the stalks of the lemongrass. Split the stems in half and flatten with the flat side of a knife blade. Add them to the pan. Add the shallots, ginger, kaffir lime leaves, nuoc nam, lemon juice and sugar. Stir, bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
Taste and adjust seasoning. Remove the tip of the chilli pepper, split in half, remove the seeds and slice it. Reserve.
Just before serving, add the prawn and cook for a few minutes until they turn pink. Add the chilli and cook for 1 minute.
Remove the lemongrass stalks and kaffir lime leaves. Serve with sprigs of coriander and lime zest.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (154 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Fish pie 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (120 Votes)