Rice Soup with Salmon Balls
Rice soup with tender salmon balls.
- 0.8 gal (3 L) boiling water
- 10.5 oz (300 g) salmon mince
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1 and 1/2 cup rice (boiled)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Boil water in a medium-sized pot.
Put the salmon mince in a medium-sized bowl.
Add the egg, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
Form walnut-sized balls and send them to the boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes over medium heat.
Meanwhile grate the carrot on a coarse grater and send to the boiling salmon broth. Boil for 5 minutes together with the salmon balls.
Dice the potatoes, send to the boiling salmon broth and continue boiling the ingredients for 5 minutes more.
Peel the onion and drop it whole in the soup.
Add salt, tomato paste and bay leaves and boil for final 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and let it sit in the covered pot for 10 minutes.
Remove the boiled onion from the soup before serving. Soup with salmon balls is ready. Put 1-2 tablespoons boiled rice in every plate when serving the soup.
Please see this recipe http://everythingofcooking.com/cook-fluffy-rice/ to cook boiled rice for this soup.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (161 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Spicy Parsnip and Rice Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Salmon Balls and Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)