Thai Fried Rice | Khao Pad | ข้าวผัด
Thai fried rice is usually served with slices of lime and a dipping sauce called nam pla prik so that you can adjust the seasonings to your taste at the table. Nam pla means fish sauce and prik means chili and the dipping sauce is just that – a bowl with fish sauce and some sliced Thai chilis.
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- left out for a few hours
- 1/2 of a small onion
- 4 green onions
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon thin soy sauce
- Juice from half a lime
- Dash of ground white pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
1. Saute the onion and garlic in canola oil over medium heat until just translucent.
2. Turn the heat up to high and add the cooked rice. Season with fish sauce, thin soy sauce, white pepper, and lime juice.
3. Push the rice to the side. Add a little more oil and once it’s hot, add the eggs. Scramble until they are done and then mix to incorporate them into the rice.
4. Add the green onions. Taste and adjust seasonings as appropriate. Remove from heat and serve with extra lime slices and nam pla prik.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (478 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Coriander chicken 3.3/5 (149 Votes)
- Special fried egg 3.4/5 (140 Votes)