Thai Ginger Lemonade, น้ำมะนาว-ขิง
This ginger lemonade is excellent on its own, and goes well with a variety of Thai dishes.
- 1/2 cup ginger
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- a few sprigs of lemon basil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
1. Bring water, sugar, and ginger to a slow boil until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Turn off the heat and let the ginger steep for at least 30 minutes. The longer you let it steep, the more pronounced the ginger flavor will be (I generally leave mine for several hours). Once it's to your liking, strain the syrup to remove the ginger and chill in the refrigerator.
3. To make the lemonade, combine 1 part lemon juice (1/4 cup) with 2 parts ginger syrup (1/2 cup) and 3 parts cold water (3/4 cup). Pour into glasses and serve with lemon slices and a sprig of lemon basil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (478 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (225 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (49 Votes)