Spring daude with asparagus, broad beans and ginger
By Le Creuset - Borgerhoff & Lamberigts
- 14 green asparagus
- 500g broad beans
- 5 spring onions
- 4 cm ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 ml sherry
- 125g wheat
- 2 bay leaves
- 200g frozen peas
- 600 ml stock (chicken)
- ice cubes
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 bunch of parsley
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut off the tips of the asparagus (about 2cm) and throw away the stalks. Shell the beans, slice finely the spring onions. Grate the ginger and garlic.
Heat oil in a casserole on medium heat.
Fry the garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
Add the wheat, vegetables and bay leaves. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the stock and cover.
Fill the lid with ice and place upside down on the casserole. The condensation with keep the vegetables moist.
Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
Salt and pepper. Just before serving, sprinkle with mint and parsley.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (225 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (48 Votes)
- Greek salad 3.7/5 (113 Votes)
- Potato salad with wild garlic 4.7/5 (48 Votes)
- Salmon en croute with pesto and... 3.2/5 (163 Votes)