Green Vegetable Risotto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- finely chopped
- 175ml glass vegetarian white wine
- 200g Arborio rice
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 10 asparagus spears
- 80g fresh or frozen peas
- 80g fresh or frozen podded broad beans
- 10g butter
- 30g Cathedral City Mature Lighter
- 2 tbsp mixed fresh herbs
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Fry the onion over a low heat for ten mins or until the onions have softened. For the last minute of cooking add the garlic to the pan.
Add the rice and stir for a minute or two. Pour over the glass of wine and keep stirring while the wine is absorbed into the grain.
Gradually ladle the hot stock into the risotto letting it absorb between each addition. Keep stirring it too as this encourages the starch to come out which is what gives risotto that creamy texture.
With your last ladleful of stock add in the asparagus, peas and broad beans. The rice is ready when the grains are al dente and the rice is loose but not soupy.
Add in the butter, cheese and herbs, then serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.