Bacon and Pea Risotto
Serves 4 - perfect so Beewee, the risotto disliker, can have something else instead :)
- 1 onion
- 2tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 300g risotto
- 1l vegetable stock
- 100g frozen peas
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Finely chop the onion.
Make up the stock according to pack instructions. Try to keep hot.
Heat the oil and butter in a pan.
Add the onion and fry until lightly browned (7 mins).
Add the bacon and fry until it begins to crisp. (5 mins)
Add the rice and the hot stock and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and cover.
Cook for 15-20 mins until rice is almost tender.
Stir in the peas and add seasoning.
Cook for further 3 mins until peas are cooked.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (430 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Pasta with wine sauce and peas 3.5/5 (130 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Spaghetti... 4.1/5 (57 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.