By Catherine B
Try this delicious side dish/main of the Midi-Pyrénées region.
The largest region of France, Midi-Pyrénées, arguably boasts some of the most varied tastes and textures of French gastronomy.
Striking a charming balance between French and Spanish cultures, the dishes here are particularly hearty, country dishes often featuring chicken, duck and goose. Renowned for its strong Roquefort cheese and delicious sweet tarts and pies.
- 500g potatoes
- 150g of grated cheese
- 30g butter
- 100 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons whole thick cream
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook unpeeled potatoes in a large pot of boiling water.
Once cooked, peel potatoes.
Puree potatoes using an electric mixer and mix in the chopped garlic clove.
Put the puree in a pan over a low heat.
Stir in thoroughly the butter, milk and cream. Add salt and pepper.
Add the grated cheese, little by little, stirring between each addition. Add the cheese and stir until the mixture is smooth.
Serve immediately, warm, with a nice seasonal green side salad.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (345 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.