Risotto Milanese with avocado and flower petals
- Flower petals
- Fresh thyme
- For the rice:
- 600g of rice
- 100g of garlic
- 150g of butter
- 50g of grated cheese
- 14 or 15 dry saffron threads
- 250g of mushrooms
- 1,250 L of beef stock
- 500g of tomato sauce
- 100ml of single cream
- For the avocados:
- 2 lemons
- 200g of avocados
- Olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 18mins
Cost Average budget
1. Cut the avocado into 1x1cm cubes and put them in a bowl with lemon juice, salt and olive oil.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic film and let it marinade for 20 min.
1. Peel and chop the garlic.
2. Melt the butter over low fire and add the garlic till it turns golden-brown.
3. Add the rice and the saffron threads and sauté at medium heat.
4. Pour the meat broth on the rice and cook at medium heat until the liquid evaporates. Add the broth gradually until the rice is ready, this takes around 12 minutes.
5. Add the sliced mushrooms and mix in with the rice. Season lightly.
6. Add the tomato sauce and stir.
7. Once the rice has absorbed the broth we can add the grated cheese.
8. Add the cream and stir fast to avoid the rice from going bad. Add a bit of salt and remove from heat.
Serve the rice in a deep plate and add the avocado cubes and juice.
Add the flower petals and fresh thyme for the finishing touch.