Carrot, Leek and Ginger Soup
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1/2 leeks (finely chopped)
- pinch of ground ginger
- 1/2 carrots (finely chopped)
- 300ml stock/1 stock cube + 300ml water
- freshly ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Place the oil, garlic, leek and ground ginger into a saucepan and gently fry for 2/3 minutes over a low heat, until the leeks are soft.
Add the carrot and stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer until the carrot is cooked through.
Blend the soup using a hand held blender, then season using the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve pour the soup into a warm bowl and enjoy.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (227 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)