Christmas shortbread biscuits with a sweet heart
- 125 g salted butter
- 75 g of icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 g flour
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- Thirty hard boiled sweets
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a bowl, mix the softened butter, icing sugar and egg yolks with a spatula.
Add the flour and knead/crumble between your hands.
Add the water and knead the dough into a ball.
Wrap in cling film. Chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
Crush the sweets.
Roll out dough.
Cut shapes with a cookie cutter and hollow out the centres with a smaller cookie cutter.
Arrange the biscuits on a baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper.
Fill the centres with the pieces of sweets. Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 °.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (147 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)