Christmas shortbread with almonds
By Martine du blog Gâteau Passion
- 140 g soft butter
- 140 g caster sugar
- 140 g almond powder
- 200 g flour
- 50 g of cold milk
- icing sugar to decorate
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix the sugar with the butter, until the dough is smooth and homogeneous (you can mix it with a food mixer). Stir in the flour and ground almonds. Add the cold milk, and form a ball of dough.
Make two oblong cylinders 3 to 4 cm in diameter, and wrap in film. Place in the fridge overnight.
The next day, preheat the oven to 175 °. Cut the cylinders into slices of 0.5 to 1 cm thick, and place on a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes without browning.
Dust the shortbread with icing sugar while still warm.
For decoration, you can use a star-shaped stencil (see picture).
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (147 Votes)