- 150g flour
- 150g breadcrumbs
- 200g butter
- 150g of brown sugar
- 150ml of milk
- 4 eggs
- 500g raisins
- soaked and drained (Smyrna
- Corinth and Malaya)
- 300g candied fruit (cherries and lemon zest
- grapefruit and orange)
- 12 chopped prunes
- 60g chopped almonds
- 1/2 grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- cognac or brandy
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix the flour, baking powder, bread crumbs, butter, salt and brown sugar in a bowl.
Add 4 eggs, milk and nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger.
Stir into the preparation the raisins, candied fruit and prunes. Work the dough well and leave to rise for 12 hours.
The next day, wet with cognac and pour the dough into a high-sided terrine. Cover with a cloth.
Place the terrine in a double boiler over low heat for a good 6 hours. Set aside for several days or weeks ...
On Christmas Eve, heat the cake (for 1h) in the terrine in a water bath.
Remove from the mould, put it on a plate and flambé with cognac.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Christmas fougasse bread 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Christmas Truffles with Amaretto 4/5 (99 Votes)
- Homemade Chocolate Candy Bars 3.6/5 (98 Votes)
- Christmas mini-logs with orange... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Gingerbread men 3.4/5 (97 Votes)
- Christmas Yule Log Cake 4.1/5 (24 Votes)