Christmas cake with candied fruits and raisins
By raverdy perrine
- 375 g flour
- 50 g sugar
- 1/2 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 20 g fresh yeast baker
- 13 ml of milk
- 1 whole egg
- 75 g butter
- 100 g raisins
- 100 g of orange and lemon confit
- 75 g chopped almonds
- Supplement: you can add a pinch of cinnamon
- ginger and cardamom.
- To glaze:
- 1 egg yolk
- For the filling: sugar in unlimited quantities
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (gas mark 6).
Mix the flour, salt, sugar, vanilla sugar and baking powder. Mix all with a tablespoon of warm milk. Then add the remaining milk, egg and softened butter. Make a ball of dough and leave to rise for 2 hours minimum in a place at steady room temperature. Add the raisins, confit fruit and spices (if you chose to).
Form an oval bun or round crown, and sprinkle with almonds. Leave to rise for 30 minutes before baking for 1 hour. Brush with milk regularly. To check for doneness prick with a knife: it should come out clean: Dust with icing sugar as desired.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (256 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Christmas fougasse bread 3.4/5 (165 Votes)
- Brioche loaf 4.2/5 (67 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Christmas Truffles with Amaretto 4/5 (99 Votes)
- Chartreuse marshmallows 3.2/5 (165 Votes)
- Christmas mini-logs with orange... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)