Provençal cheese toasties
- 8 slices of wholemeal bread
- 8 slices of thin Grisons beef
- 8 slices of edam
- Precut frozen peppers 230g
- Precut frozen onions 100g
- a teaspoon of soya sauce
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- In a pan pour some oil.
- Once your oil is hot, add the peppers and onions to fry. When the juice evaporates, add a little water in the pan, the onions should be lightly browned.
- Add more water, several times if necessary, until the vegetables melt.
- Add salt, pepper and a teaspoon of soya sauce
- Put this mixture onto a plate and set aside.
- Take your slices of bread and butter them.
- On one slice of bread place a slice of edam cheese, add your topping of peppers and onions, two slices of grisons beef, another slice of cheese and finally a slice of bread on top.
- Repeat the same thing for the other three.
- Put some oil in the pan, put your sandwiches in the pan and lightly fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Special fried egg 3.4/5 (140 Votes)