- 4oz plain flour
- 1/2 level teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 oz cocoa
- 2oz butter
- 2oz caster/superfine sugar
- 1 level tablespoon golden syrup
- a little granulated sugar for coating the biscuits.
- for filling:
- 1oz plain chocolate melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2oz icing/confectioner's sugar sifted
- vanilla extract to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and then beat in the golden syrup.
Stir in half of the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Turn the dough on to a work surface and then knead in the remaining flour mixture.
Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle the top with granulated sugar and press in with the rolling pin. Cut the dough into neat fingers (approx. 1 x 2 1/2 inches), or use cutters in whichever shape you fancy.
Lift on to a greased baking sheet and prick each biscuit 2 or 3 times with a fork. Bake at 325f/160c/gas mark 3 for 15-20 minutes.
While the biscuits cool, beat all the filling ingredients together. Sandwich the biscuits together in pairs.
This recipe can easily be multiplied to make a large batch of biscuits.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (263 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (146 Votes)