Middle Eastern Grilled Sandwiches
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 400g lamb or beef mince
- 1 clove garlic
- crushed with 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 fresh red chilli finely diced.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 3 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 6 small rounds pita bread
- 150g grated haloumi cheese (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
Add mince and cook for about 5-10 minutes until browned, breaking up any lumps.
Add garlic, chilli, cumin, allspice, fresh coriander and parsley and stir for about a minute.
Remove from heat and cool for 5-10 minutes
For each pita bread, inset a sharf knife into the edge and cut halfway around to form a pocket. Then divide the meat filling between the pockets spreading it out evenly.
optional - scatter the filling with some grated haloumi.
Close the pita and brush each side with some oil and then cook on pre heated grill or a sandwich maker until both sides of the pita bread are golden brown.
Serve hot, with a sauce of your choice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (163 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (190 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Lamb chops in Apple... 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Cevapi Bosnian kebab 3.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Lamb 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Mayan Hot Chocolate 3.3/5 (142 Votes)