A healthier version of a takeaway favourite
- 500g lean minced lamb
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ a small onion
- 3 tsp dried mint
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mint sauce
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Place the onion and garlic in a food processor and blitz.
Once the onion and garlic is pureed add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and pulse until mixed.
Form into a loaf shape and place on a baking tray and cook in the oven at 190°C for 50 minutes
Slice and serve with pitta bread and salad.
You can make the mix into smaller kebabs and burgers, but remember to reduce the cooking time accordingly.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Cevapi Bosnian kebab 3.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Falafels 3.9/5 (100 Votes)
- Chicken fajitas 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Lamb Kofta's with Pitta Bread and... 3.5/5 (119 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.