These spicy mexican tostadas makes a great change from traditional meals; colourful and tasty!!
- 2 red onions
- 2 limes
- 1 1/2 tbsps sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1tbsp chipotle paste
- 400g kidney bean tin
- 4 corn tortillas
- 80g radishes
- large handful fresh coriander
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 220°C
Thinly slice one onion, finely chop the other.
Squeeze the juice from one lime, cut the other into quarters.
Finely chop the garlic. Thinly slice the radishes.
Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Roughly chop the coriander.
Put the sliced onion and lime juice in a bowl. Season and put aside.
Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan. Fry the chopped onion and garlic until tender.
Stir in the cumin. Fry for 1 min.
Add the chipotle paste and kidney beans. Stir.
Half-fill the now-empty kidney bean tin with water. Add this too.
Simmer for 5 mins.
Season then roughly mash to a puree.
(Add a few drops of water if dry. Cook for a little longer if runny.)
Brush tortillas with remaining oil. Place on baking sheets.
Bake for 5-6 mins or until crisp.
Mix the radishes, coriander and onion together.
Dollop and spread the bean mixture onto the tortillas. Top with the radish mix.
Serve with lime wedges and perhaps with some yellow pepper rice (with optional extras such as bacon and mushroom).
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Chilli To Blow Your Mind 3.6/5 (132 Votes)
- Cevapi Bosnian kebab 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Chicken fajitas 3.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Falafels 3.8/5 (98 Votes)
- Warm cherry tomato and sweetcorn... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.