- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 3tbs of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tbs minced garlic or 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- A pinch of cumin and coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp allspices
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips (to replicate the look of restaurant style shwarma). Place it in a large bowl.
Add the herbs and spices into the large bowl. Stir with a spoon till all the chicken pieces are evenly coated.
Cover the bowl and let it marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Preheat pan and add the vegetable oil (or any oil that you have).
Add the chicken and let it cook for around 10 minutes until the chicken browns. (note: it may take slightly longer than 10 minutes for the colour of the chicken to change).
After the chicken shwarma is cooked, use a pita bread and add the chicken shwarma mixture and Chilli sauce/garlic sauce/ Chill mayo/ plain mayo. Serve it alongside fresh salad.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.