I delicious savoury side dish, particularly as it's not fried!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- ~ 1/4 kg boneless chicken
- cut into tin pieces
- 2 tsp oil
- ~ 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp dhana (coriander) powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp grushed green chillies (or to taste)
- 1/2 bunch green dhana (fresh coriander)
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 1-2 tsp crushed green chillies
- a little water
- other ingredients:
- 7-8 tsp mayonnaise
- 7-8 tsp ketchup
- finely grated cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
To make the rotis, cook as per norma using boiling water to form the dough. The only difference is that plain flour is used in place of chapatti flour, and a little oil should be drizzled over the rotis while cooking them.
To make up the filling, place all the ingredients in a pan and cook till the water has burnt out and the chicken pieces are done.
For the chutney, place all the ingredients in a grinder or blender and whizz until all is mixed (should be the consistency of a dipping sauce).
Finally, to assemble the rolls, spread one teaspoon of mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of ketchup over a roti. Next spread 1 tablespoon or so of the green chutney. Sprinkle over little pieces of the cooked chicken and finely grated cheese. Roll up like a swiss roll and slice each roti in half. Pile them up on a plate, all read to enjoy warm or cold!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Chicken & Tarragon Suet Pudding 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce 3.3/5 (141 Votes)
- Quorn and vegetable pasta 3.4/5 (133 Votes)