A yummy chocolate biscuit covered in nuts and layered with custard butter cream and topped off with with chocolate.
- 250 ml (1 cup) graham crackers
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) finely chopped walnut halved
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) melted butter
- 1 egg
- lightly beaten
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) custard powder
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla
- 200 ml (2 cups) icing sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) milk
- 113 g (4 oz) semi-sweet chocolate
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
In a bowl, mix together the graham crumbs, coconut, walnuts, cocoa powder and sugar. Gradually pour in the butter and egg; stir until it's combined.
Press the crumb mixture in parchment paper–lined 9-inch (2.5 L) square metal cake pan. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until firm, for about 10 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack
For the filling, use a bowl and beat together the butter, custard powder and vanilla. Beat in the icing sugar alternately with the milk until it is smooth, add up to 1 tsp (5 mL) more milk if the spread is too thick. Spread over cooled base; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
For the topping, put a heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt together the chocolate with the butter. Spread it over the filling; refrigerate until almost set, about 30 minutes.
With the tip of a knife, score it into the bars; refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 1 hour.
Make-ahead: Wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 days or over wrap in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.4/5 (252 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (142 Votes)
- Chocolate Biscuit and Nutella Cake 3.3/5 (137 Votes)
- No Bake Brownies 3.2/5 (91 Votes)