Chocolate Souffle Cupcakes
- 4 separated eggs
- 50g softened butter
- 50g flour
- 250ml milk
- 50g chopped milk chocolate
- 70g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Icing sugar
- butter to grease tins
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 200c gas mark 6
Butter 8 souffle dishes or cups evenly with cooled melted butter and sprinkle with sugar
Cut the butter and flour and together until well combined. Pour the milk into a pan, add the chocolate and sugar and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
Crumble the flour and butter mixture into pieces and stir into the boiling milk little by little, stirring constantly until the flour has thickened the liquid to a smooth consistency.
Let the souffle batter cool to lukewarm, then whisk in the egg yolks one at a time, whisking until the mixture is smooth and creamy again.Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form soft peaks.
Whisk about 1/4 of the beaten egg white into the souffle batter to lighten the mixture. Then fold in the rest of the beaten egg with a wooden spoon. Fill the prepared dishes or cups with the mixture to 1 cm below the rim
Place the dishes in a baking dish and add boiling water to a depth of 1 cm below the rim of the dishes and bake for 25-30 minuets.
Remove from the oven. sprinkle the top of each souffle with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (95 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (142 Votes)
- Apple of my eyes Souffle’ 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Molten chocolate Cupcakes 3.9/5 (108 Votes)
- MARS BAR SQUARES 3.4/5 (140 Votes)