Tammy's Egg fried rice
Origionating from China, the dish consists of steamed rice which is then stir fried in a wok. Other ingrediants are often added such as vegetables and meat. Rice dishes are found all throughout china, especially in the South, where rice is the staple grain. As this is a more westernised version I have added ginger, onion and carrots, ingrediants which wouldn't be found in traditional chinese fried rice.
- 1 Egg
- 150g Long grain rice
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 1/4 Peeled ginger
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Red onion
- 150ml water
- 1 Vegetable stock
- 1/4 Peeled carrot
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pour the rice into a saucepan and add the water, place on the hob on a medium heat. Add the vegetable stock cube.
Leave to simmer for 10 minutes and cover with foil. Remove from heat when all of the stock is absorbed.
Prepare the vegetables; finely dice the onion, carrots and ginger.
Add the vegetable oil to the wok and place on a high heat. Add the onion, carrots and ginger. Stir continuously for 2 minutes.
Add the rice and continue to stir for another 2 minutes. Then add the egg and quickly stir. The egg should turn opaque, add the soy sauce and stir.
Take off of the hob and wait 2 minutes before serving the rice.
Using pre-cooked rice would be more efficient. Alternitively using day old rice would add to the texture.
Adding meat would provide more flavour and colour.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (293 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (153 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)