Chocolate Chip Cookies :D
A retro recipe for chocolate-studded biscuits with a soft squidgy middle - make plenty as they're guaranteed to be a hit!
- 150g salted butter
- 80g light brown muscovado sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 225g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g plain chocolate chips or chunks
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon. Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
Using a teaspoon, place small mounds of the mixture well apart on the baking trays. Bake in the oven for 8–10 mins until light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre.
Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes to firm up and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.4/5 (250 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (142 Votes)