Spicy Chicken Kievs
By john french
A great alternative to traditional kievs. Delicious served with Sweet Potato Chips and Salad.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsps jerk paste
- pinch of dried mixed herbs
- 50g butter
- panko breadcrumbs (you can use ordinary breadcrumbs if you prefer)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
place the jerk paste into a small frying pan and cook for about 1 min.
place jerk paste, herbs and butter into a bowl and mix well.
Make a hole in each of the chicken breast and pipe in the butter mix.
Wrap the breasts in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
Remove chicken breasts from the fridge and coat with breadcrumbs by first dipping in flour then egg and then breadcrumbs.
Deep fry the chicken breasts 2 at a time for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
Place kievs on a baking tray and cook in the oven at 180 for 20/25 minutes or until cooked through.
You can play with the fillings if you like and can make cheese kievs (no need for butter with these) or replacing the jerk paste with sundried tomatoes and chorizo.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Easy & Quick Apple Crumble 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.