Stew & Dumplings
- For Stew:
- 750g Any Meat (steak
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Leeks
- 1 onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Parsnips
- 1 Small Swede
- 4-5 Potatoes (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 3 Pints of Water
- Gravy Granules
- For Dumplings: (makes 6 large or 8 medium)
- 8oz Flour (any)
- 4oz Atora Suet
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Drop of Water for texture
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Cut all veg into large chunks and add to the stew pan.
Add the meat and water and cook on a medium heat (gas number 2-3) for 20 minutes until meat is soft.
Stir in the gravy granules until desired thickness.
Place the dumpling mixture in a bowl and blend together. Separate in to 6-8 pieces and roll into balls.
Add the dumplings to the stew pan and cook for a further 20-25 minutes until cooked.
Large deep saucepan required
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Lucullus Tongue 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Liver and Sweet Potato 3/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.