Liver and Sweet Potato
Mum's preferred liver meal
- 400g sweet potato
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions (or red/white onion)
- 4 rashers unsmoked bacon
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1tsp paprika
- seasoning (little salt and LOTS of black pepper!)
- 175g liver
- 20g flat leaf parsley
- 150ml hot vegetable stock
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Cut potatoes in half. Simmer in salted water for 12-15 mins.
Snip bacon into pieces.
Slice liver into thin strips
Chop the parsley.
Make up the vegetable stock.
Season flour with paprika and seasoning.
Coat liver with flour/paprika etc mixture.
Heat oil in wok.
Add potatoes and fry for 4-5 mins on high heat until brown and crispy.
Remove from pan and set aside.
Tip onion and bacon into the wok.
Stir and sizzle for 3-4 mins until bacon gets crispy.
Stir in liver for 2-3 mins.
Toss in the potatoes and quickly reheat. Stir in parsley.
Serve onto two plates and keep warm.
Pour stock into pan and scrape up the crispy bits.
Bubble for 1-2 mins, then pour around the liver and potatoes.
Sprinkle paprika onto the finished dish to add that little extra.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (163 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Stew & Dumplings 3.1/5 (117 Votes)
- Penny's special omelette 3/5 (121 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.