- 2 large
- skinless chicken breasts
- halved through the middle
- 2 eggs
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 75g Parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- half a 690ml jar passata
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- half a 125g ball light mozzarella
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Place the chicken breasts between cling film sheets and bash out with a rolling pin until they are the thickness of a £1 coin. Dip in the egg, then breadcrumbs, mixed with half the Parmesan. Set aside on a plate in the fridge while you make the sauce.
Heat oil and cook garlic for 1 min, then tip in passata, sugar and oregano. Season and simmer for 5-10 mins.
Heat grill to High and cook the chicken for 5 mins each side, then remove. Pour the tomato sauce into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with the chicken. Scatter over the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan and grill for 3-4 mins until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling. Serve with vegetables or salad and some pasta or potatoes, if you like.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.