- For the sauce
- 2 onions
- 2 packs of smoked lardons
- 1 pot of crème fraîche
- 200 ml of white wine
- 1 sachet of grated cheese
- Herbs de provence
- For the spaghetti
- 1 oxo cube
- For the decoration
- 1 egg yolk per plate.
- Gruyère grated cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 7mins
Cost Average budget
Put water and the stock cube to boil in a saucepan. Chop the onions.
Put the two packets of smoked lardons and onions in a frying pan. Cook until the lardons are grilled and your onions are nicely browned. Keep the bacon fat in the pan (it does not matter if there is a lot).
When the water has boiled in the saucepan, add the spaghetti. Leave to cook for 7 minutes. Drain. Keep warm.
Add the white wine to the lardons and onions.
Add your pot of double cream in the preparation. Mix well.
Stir in the grated cheese to your liking. Do not put too much because you will use it also for decorating the dish. Season with herbs, pepper. Beware of salt, taste first as generally, there is not need.
Place the spaghetti on each plate in a swirl shape. In the middle, add the sauce, creating a small dome. Feel free to add quite a lot. Sprinkle with cheese. Put the egg yolk on top of the sauce (in the middle, on the sauce).
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (171 Votes)
- Cheats Carbonara 3/5 (164 Votes)