Bacon and Fennel Pasta
A tasty dish that only involves some gentle frying and cooking pasta. Oh, and some vegetable chopping.
- 1 Pack of Bacon
- 1 bulb fennel (halved and sliced)
- 8 Cloves of Garlic (crushed) or less if you prefer.
- 1 onion finely (chopped)
- 1 stick of Celery (finely chopped)
- Pack of cherry tomatoes
- 1 bottle of Babycham (or sparkling wine
- although Babycham is best.)
- 2 tsps Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- Olive Oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Gently fry all veg and garlic in olive oil (omitting tomatoes) until soft.
Add bacon chopped into bite sized pieces. Continue frying until bacon is cooked.
Add Tomatoes and warm through. Then add Babycham and turn up the heat to cook off the alcohol for a few minutes.
Reduce heat to a slow simmer and add pepper and herbs and continue on a slow simmer for ten minutes whilst pasta is cooking.
When pasta is ready, add to the sauce, stir and serve immediately with fresh Parmesan Cheese.
It works best with babycham, not sure why. Maybe it has the right dryness compared to other sparkling wines.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (171 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Easy Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Butternut squash and fennel soup 3.7/5 (104 Votes)