Colourful bean, orange and grapefruit salad
By Dorian du blog Mais pourquoi est-ce que je vous raconte ça...
- For the salad:
- ½ orange
- ½ grapefruit
- 1 small handful of fresh beans fully peeled (if you cannot use fresh beans
- you can use frozen ones)
- 20 small mint leaves
- 50 g fennel heart
- 1 small handful of baby salad leaves (ex: beetroot leaves)
- 1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Start by preparing the beans. Put a saucepan of lightly salted water over high heat. As soon as it boils, throw in the beans and heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Then pour them into a sieve and run them under cold water. Then gently wipe them with kitchen roll.
Heat a pan over high heat and pour in the sugar, let it melt, add the nuts, stir and then remove from heat.
Put them on a chopping board, leave to cool and then chop coarsely.
Peel the orange and grapefruit, and then segment by segment, making sure to remove all the little white skin.
Finely chop the fennel.
Then mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl: the orange and grapefruit, the beans, mint leaves, beet leaves and fennel. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
Put all the sauce ingredients in the bowl of an immersion blender and emulsify. Drizzle the salad with sauce and enjoy immediately!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Devilled Eggs 3.9/5 (118 Votes)
- Black bean brownies 4.6/5 (62 Votes)