Healthy Seaweed Salad
A quick and easy recipe for a seaweed salad that is a great side dish
- A small handful of your favourite dried seaweed
- 1 medium spring onion or clove of garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
So the longest bit of this recipe is soaking the dried seaweed. I use warm tap water to soak it with for about 10 minutes, drain, refill with warm water and soak for another 10 minutes. Some seaweed can be really salty so it's important to rinse well.
While the seaweed is soaking, finely slice 1 medium spring onion. Garlic also works well - use a finely diced medium clove.
Heat the sesame oil on a medium heat then add the spring onions. Cook for a couple of minutes until soft then add the drained seaweed. Cook for another few minutes until everything is heated through, stir in the sesame seeds and serve. It's as simple as that!
You can use as few or as many different types of seaweed as you like - I used laver, wakame and kombu.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (232 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (120 Votes)