Simple Spaghetti Bolognese
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tube of tomato puree
- 500g of Mince
- 1 cup of Red wine (actually make that 2 - one to drink while cooking)
- 500g of Linguine
- 1tsp oil
- 1 knob of butter (no
- go on
- a bit more than that... it's delicious!)
- 3 bay leaves (if you're feeling fancy)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Put a large pan filled with water on a high heat.
Chop the onion and crush the garlic, add to the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Stir until golden.
Add the mince, stir until the colour changes, then add the tomato puree, followed by the tinned tomatoes. Put in the bay leaves now, if you must. Finally, add the glass of wine which you're not glugging and simmer until you serve.
The water should now be at a rolling boil, add the pasta. Strain when it's al dente, put it back in the pan and add too much butter.
Serve and enjoy.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (165 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.