Meatballs in Mushroom Sauce
This recipe is a lovely alternative to the usual tomato sauce.
- 8 oz Lean Minced Beef
- 1 medium sized Onion - quartered
- 1 Clove of Garlic - crushed with a small pinch of salt (optional)
- 1/2 level tsp salt
- 1 oz grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 small Egg
- Seasoned Flour
- Oil - for frying
- 1 tin Condensed Mushroom Soup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put the mince beef, onion & garlic (if using) into a bowl. Add salt, Parmesan cheese & enough lightly beaten egg to bind the mixture. Divide into 8-10 portions with lightly oiled fingers. Roll in the seasoned flour, then fry until brown.
Drain away the excess fat, stir in the condensed mushroom soup plus a can of water. Bring to the boil & simmer gently for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Check the seasoning. Serve with mashed potatoes & vegetables.
You can add oregano or mixed herbs to the meatballs. And if you like a little heat, try adding a very small pinch of chilli.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Mushroom Sauce (Jager Sauce -... 3.1/5 (71 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.