- 1 onion
- 1 x 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 x 15ml spoon tomato puree
- 1 carrot
- 1 x 5ml spoon mixed herbs
- 1 celery stick
- 100ml water
- 1 x 15ml spoon oil
- black pepper
- 250g minced beef
- 150g spaghetti
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and chop the onion;
- peel and crush the garlic;
- peel and slice the carrot;
- finely chop the celery.
2. Fry the onion, garlic, carrot and celery in the oil.
3. Add the meat and cook until the mince is lightly browned.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, mixed herbs and water
and mix all the ingredients together. Then add a few twists
of black pepper.
5. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, place the spaghetti in a separate saucepan of
boiling water. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the spaghetti
is ‘al dente’.
7. Drain the water from the spaghetti using a colander.
8. To serve, pour some of the bolognese sauce over
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Microwave Chocolate Pudding and... 3.4/5 (187 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Stuffed butternut squash 3.6/5 (156 Votes)
- Cevapi Bosnian kebab 3.4/5 (150 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.