Chilli Crab Linguine with Vodka
Quick and easy mid week supper meal
- 175 g (12 oz) dried linguine
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 shallot
- finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove
- finely chopped
- 1 red chilli
- seeded and finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- roughly chopped
- 1 tbls vodka (optional)
- 170g can white crab meat
- 2 tbls chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water to packet instructions
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying-pan and cook the garlic and chilli over a low to medium heat for 2 -3 minutes until beginning to soften, but not brown. Add the tomatoes, increase the heat and cook for 4 -5 minutes until pulpy.
Stir in the vodka, if using, followed by the crab meat, and stir gently together. Season to taste.
Drain the pasta well and return to the pan. Add the sauce and the chopped parsley and stir loosely together. Divide between bowls and top with a good grinding of black pepper.
Don’t be tempted to get out the Parmesan, it really doesn’t suit the flavour of the crab.
A delicious delicate dish, if feeding youngsters, skip the vodka
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (168 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (163 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.